Now that we have all made it through the end of the world it is time to start firming up those New Year’s Eve plans! Whether you plan on dressing up in your Sunday’s best or just throwing on whatever you can find on your floor, you should celebrate with your closest friends and family!
Still trying to figure out your plans for New Year’s Eve? Well, there are lots of great local options right here in Northern Colorado! Paying for overpriced hotel rooms and bar covers can take the fun out of the whole celebration, so staying in town allows you to save some money and make it home safe and sound to your very own bed.
- You can head to Ace Gillette’s if you’re looking for something a little more upscale, for just $45 you can eat, dance to live music by Soul Proprietor, and win door prizes!
- The Rio Grande in Fort Collins will be hosting a party upstairs in their Agave Room. There you can enjoy appetizers, live music and a complimentary champagne toast, all for $25.
- TI’s Lounge and Du’ Tell Events are hosting an evening of dancing, celebrating, light Hors d’oeuvre, champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight. 1st well drink on them, $10 dollars in advance $15 at the door, FIRE and ICE theme dress attire is encouraged …… Ladies, red or white….. Gentlemen black slacks.
- Washington’s Sports Bar & Grill is hosting a party with Nufusion Productions, there will be all kinds of party favors, cash drop, and of course a champagne toast at midnight.
- If you’d rather head to a show, check out Elephant Revival at the Aggie Theatre or Fierce Bad Rabbit at Hodi’s Half Note.
- Cactus Canyon in Greeley is hosting a huge New Years Even Time Machine party with $1.75 longnecks and wells until 9 pm! They are currently taking table reservations and tickets to their party are on sale for a discount now!
- Whiskey River in Greeley has FREE drinks and drafts until 11 pm, a FREE champagne toast at midnight and all of the party hats and noise makers you could ask for!
Know of a good party this NYE up in Northern Colorado? Be sure to tell us about it on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/NoCoNightlife!
If you plan on hitting the bar scene sans RSVP, be sure to head out a little early so you don’t get stuck counting down the New Year while freezing outside in a line! Be prepared, while most bars will be operating as usual, some will have covers for the festivities so be sure to have a little extra cash to get in.
Does the looming “fiscal cliff” and tighter budget after the holidays have you second guessing your New Year’s Eve celebration plans? You can still ring in the New Year in your own grand fashion by throwing a house party! Instead of spending money on a cover, or buying drinks at the bar, pick up a couple cases of seasonal beer (there are still quite a few great options on the shelves), a few appetizers, party hats and noise makers, and a celebratory bottle of champagne to pop at the stroke of midnight.
When all is said and done, be sure to plan ahead and figure out a safe and sober ride to and from all destinations!
Happy New Year everyone!